Jul 13 2009
The plan is to enrich the framework with exemplars of good practice which will demonstrate how specific competencies can be applied in practice and can demonstrate links to higher level complex thinking skills and innovation.
School case studies / exemplars of good practice added include:
- Questioning – Kilmacolm’s innovative Blooming Blooms approach - children and parents are introduced to the benefits of questioning. Questions were based on Bloom’s Taxonomy and produce in conjunction with the parents linked to familiar fairytales.
- Information Literacy in Junior (Primary) 1, St Margaret’s School, Edinburgh – children working on listening for information, finding and using information
- Information Literacy in Junior (Primary) 2 St Margaret’s School, Edinburgh - children working on a research activity finding facts about food and also an evaluation activity evaluating the Picallili Monster they had made from food. Linked to Health and Well Being Curriculum for Excellence Experinces and Outcomes.
- Critical Literacy @ Lasswade Primary School - the school formed a working group to plan and implement Critical Literacy which is seen as “the way that we interact with and make meaning from different texts” and “involves the reader analysing and engaging with a text”.
- Information Literacy Model – ExPLORE
- North Ayrshire Information Literacy Toolkit – Primary Schools
- Aberdenshire’s Schools toolKit for Information Literacy – Nursery – primary 7 (12 year olds)
- Transition from primary to secondary school
- Sharing practice – IL case studies (Curriculum for Excellence)
- School Information Literacy Policy
- Real and Relevant – Information Literacy Skills for the 21st Century Learner’